WASTEC Code of Ethics
Members of the engage in the design, manufacture, distribution, modification and servicing of technology which is used in the collection, transportation, storage, treatment, recycling, energy recovery and disposal of wastes. These companies and their employees perform an important role in the protection of the environment. Inherent in this role is a duty to both customers and the general public who are served by those customers. In the efficient and profitable conduct of business concurrent with the improvement the environment through the safe and responsible application of these technologies, an ethical balance is required.
Therefore, each member of WASTEC pledges:
- To hold these duties in high esteem and strive to enhance the image of the industry as providing a vital service to the global community, and the Association's role in that regard;
- To fulfill the customer's needs to best of the member's ability with products and services that, in the member's professional judgment, best meet those needs;
- To strive at all times to produce high quality products and services, to continually seek to improve product performance and to conduct business operations in a safe and environmentally protective manner;
- To improve the member's individual, and other employees' knowledge of the industry through continuing education and participation in the meetings of the Association;
- To assist the customer in gaining greater knowledge regarding the safe and environmentally responsible application of the member's products and services by communicating proper operating practices and other information vital to the best use of technology in the waste services field;
- To present accurate and factual information to the customer in all sales and marketing presentations, and conduct business in an exemplary manner;
- To adhere to voluntary consensus standards developed by the industry, and contribute to the continuing evolution of those standards through active support of the standards process; and
- To keep informed with respect to applicable laws and regulations, and to observe them in the practice of business.